Dear New Patient:
Welcome to Fallbrook-Temecula Valley Orthopaedic Associates. Your first visit is very important. A little planning ahead can save you a lot of time. For starters, this checklist can give you a good idea of what to expect.
What to Bring
- Patient Medical Profile Form
- Insurance Card
- Emergency Room records
- Medical Records/X-Rays
- Electronic Medical Records
- Written List of Prescriptions, medications, vitamins
- A Family Member or Friend
- Translator if needed
Location and Directions
Payment is due in full at the time of the visit for all services. All co-payments and co-insurance information are collected from patients at the time of their visit. Patients may pay for services provided with cash, check, Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express.
When You are at the Doctor's Office
- Arrive at least 20 minutes early to ensure that we can take care of any last minute requirements before you see the doctor.
- Ask Questions: feel free to write down your questions. If you don't understand a medical term or recommendations let us know.
When You Get Home
- Be sure to follow the "Doc's" instructions. Take the full course of medicine. Change dressings as instructed. Remember, you're a part of the Fallbrook-Temecula Valley Orthopaedic Associates Team too.
- Keep the "Doc" informed of any changes in your condition.
- Take a look at the website: Fallbrook-Temecula Valley Orthopaedic Associates website has information about many orthopaedic conditions and surgical procedures.
Questions to ask at the visit or later, if your doctor recommends surgery
- Why is this procedure being recommended?
- Are there alternatives?
- What are the risks involved?
- What is the procedure called?
- How is it done?
- What will happen if I don't have the surgery now?
- If I want a second opinion, whom can I consult?
- Will I need any tests or medical evaluations prior to the surgery?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- Will I meet with the anesthesiologist in advance?
- How long will the recovery take?
- What are my limitations during recovery?
- Will I need assistance at home afterwards? For how long?
- What will discharge instructions be?
- Will I need physical therapy?
If you have any other questions regarding your first visit to Fallbrook-Temecula Valley Orthopaedic Associates, please call us:
Murrieta office: (951) 698-4660.
We look forward to working with you!
Fallbrook-Temecula Valley Orthopaedic Associates